Tuesday, March 3, 2009

First Day

Since you are all no doubt dying to know how the first day of preschool went, I can assure you that it was all Samuel ever hoped for. We were not even buckled in yet before he was asking when he gets to go back. I am specifically writing and saving this post to warm my weary heart on future mornings when I have to drag him kicking and screaming out of bed for school. I think these are officially the "good old days" so I'll try to enjoy them while I can.

This was shortly after Samuel told Thomas he would miss him while he was at school (said with a definite note of pride) but that he would come home and teach him what he learned. And he actually did!


And this is where Thomas hung out all morning, pounding fruit snacks and watching Peter Pan twice, while I frantically finished all my articles that had a deadline of today so I wouldn't have to miss book club that evening. You know, just some of that quality mommy/Thomas time I mentioned was important. You just can't put a price on it, right?

6 comments:

Kate said...

Such cute pictures! It looks like you've rearranged your family room area since I was last there.

I like it.

Mak said...

If it makes you feel better, lily has been going to preschool since Aug and it isn't hard to get her up to go yet. Once it gets through to her sleepy, groggy brain that it is "pretty school" day, she is up and dressed and picking out her show-and-tell!

Anonymous said...

Sam looks way better than I did on my first day of school, haha.

Brad(blogger wont let me post under my name for some reason)

Anonymous said...

At last! He will thrive in Pre-S.
I also have a box of paper for him, as long as I get a pix or two (hundred)
mom

Bek said...

Awesome. Sam has the best hair of any boy ever, possibly any child.

Glad he loved school. It really is a baby step for them to be independant and learn how to get along with kids outside the boundaries of church! :-)

Jacob HATES the lead up to school. He starts with "I'm sick" etc first thing in the morning but the minute we are in the door, he is fine. Sigh.

As for Tbone, he is learning to "play by himself". Right?

AMANDAM said...

hooray. I am very happy to hear that Sam liked preschool. I know that is coming up in my future too. When I help Porter say his prayers, I have been instructed that he is not grateful to go to daycare because he doesn't like it, so I worry he will feel the same about preschool.
By the way, my quality time efforts are about the same. When Dallin naps, I intend to do things with Porter but usually he is instructed to sit quietly and watch a movie while I finish up on work, etc.