Thursday, September 4, 2008

Welcome to the Family


Hello big gray truck!

Hello to not having to borrow one to haul anything bigger than a suitcase.
Hello to fond memories of my first vehicle (little gray truck)
Hello to having cooler seats at the drive in movie.
Hello to feeling bigger than most everyone on the road.
Hello to paying 87 cents a gallon for natural gas (that's a $3 round trip to Ikea people!!)
Hello to not having to tie the things I buy at Ikea with the money saved on top of the car.
Hello to a built in playpen for the boys (who ask the minute dad gets home if they can play in the truck bed.)



Good bye to my faithful little Explorer. :-(

Anyone need a ride anywhere? I get giddy when we fill this baby up for under $10.

3 comments:

Amy said...

That is awesome!!! You can take me to Ikea with you anytime :)

Bek said...

Lucky. I love that it is the biggest playpen in the world. Maybe one day Jay will fill the bed with water and make it he most fun swimming pool in the world????

Jefe said...

Bek, I actually do that! It's called truck tubbing! You fill it up with water from the hot pots. That is unless you have a friend with a natural gas Hot tub van. Yes. It sounds just like it is. A van with a sawed off back and a working hot tub. All through the power of natural gas!

I dig the truck very much so!