Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bon Voyage

Despite my good intentions to get a few posts that have been rattling around in my head on paper (er, cyberspace...) I have spent most of my week frantically finishing articles so we had extra spending money for our trip and just generally trying to meet my children's incessant, selfish need for water/food/attention, etc.
So, blogging went out the window, but when I get back I look forward to presenting a 2008 recap, as well as introducing you to a special friend named Raffi who has taken over our lives (not the singer. You'll see) I have been compiling a pictoral diary of all of his adventures with Samuel over the last t months or so. There, now that those two goals are down on paper, I have to stick to them. I know faithful Kate at least will keep me to my word!
In the meantime, I am off with the fam and the extended fam to sail the mexican riviera on my very first cruise (not my first time to mexico though. We went on our honeymoon and got grounded to our rooms by Tropical Storm Chantal.) There is nothing more romantic than virgin daquiris on the beach, while resort workers behind you frantically tape up windows and then run for the hills calling back over their shoulders that we may need to evacuate inland in the middle of the night and they will let us know...) By the next morning, the pier had washed away and we were starving after our "room-service" dinner of a tuna fish sandwich and a banana (no, we didn't pick it. They closed all the restaurants and left that at our door.) It still ended up being a good trip, but since we didn't get to leave the resort at all, we didn't get to see much of the country. Cross your fingers that this storm will at least be less stormy! See you when we are all tan and hopefully well rested!

5 comments:

Bek said...

Lucky!! Have fun in Mexico... at least you know the trip can't get WORSE, right?

I would love to see a Raffi book.... and be sure to include the picture of Raffi in his very own Mickey Mouse Ears....

Anonymous said...

Raffi is so little...what if he gets lost? Trauma!

Deon said...

Have a great time in Mexico!!! I love reading your posts! Besides the fact that you are an incredible writer . . . you life stories just simply always brighten my day!!!

Doug and Rachel said...

Cindy, Devri gave me your blog address. I agree with your friend that you are a great writer. Your boys are cuter than cute and I'm glad they had a good Christmas. If you are still looking for 'vintage looking' toys, I may be able to help you. German toys are much simpler and I've seen lots of tops (the old metal kind) and puppet-like ones, lots of wood, we found one that is like a jack-in-the-box in that it's a cone with a clown inside that you can hide and poke back up. The wood toys are expensive, but shipping would be normal shipping prices to or from New York, (great perks of the military). Hope you had an awesome cruise, that's our plan for our tenth anniversary and from here, we'll go to the Mediterranean! Our blog is a private one, so if you want to see pictures of Germany, post a comment in your comment area and leave me your email so I can add it- my visiting teacher is going to London to see Wicked this month- it made me think of you. Good to hear that Samuel is enjoying primary (I was just called as the new Primary President -aaaahhh!- and it's good to hear that kids enjoy it!) Say hi to Jay from the Millers!

CKW said...

Rachel! Devri told me you were in blog land and I was going to get your info from her! My address is cyndiwren@hotmail.com. Can't wait to see what you all are up to.