Thursday, August 7, 2008

Par-Tay!

Thomas turned two at the beginning of July and for the last year I have had an elaborate bug-themed swimming party planned. When the end of July crept up, we copped out and settled for having a few family members join us at Jungle Jim's (a cooler, less crowded version of Chuck E. Cheese) for pizza. We did have bug shaped cupcakes though...


Sam thought the game tokens were real money and felt pretty rich having a pocketful of change. At the end of the night, after $10 in tokens, he took his handful of tickets (100) up to the prize counter and walked away with...one package of poprocks. I hope he had a whole lot of fun actually playing the games, because I could probably buy him a $10 package of poprocks anytime.

Thomas just wanted to play anything that involved throwing balls. He was absolutely in the right place for that.
Little neice Birdie amused herself a different way. I'm thinking about installing one of these at home for the next kid. She crawled up and down it for the longest time!
At one point in the evening (oh, all right, it was the third time) we noticed that none of us had Thomas. The place wasn't very crowded and he was usually to be found around the games. This time, after a frantic search, we found him here.

Apparently, if you send your two year old into the game to get the balls out, you don't have to put a token in to get them.

That's my boy! Happy belated birthday T!




.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jungle Jims rocks! At least my kids think so. Looks like a blast. Can you believe how old our kids are getting, and us even older yet? We can forget our own birthday's all we want but our kids never forget theirs, thereby making sure the count goes on. Sigh! Happy birthday to Thomas.

Kate said...

I'm so glad you posted about this. I'd heard about Thomas' adventures in the basketball game, and I was glad to see pictures.

In fact, Matt and I laughed out loud at them! What a funny kid.

Oh, and I can totally get you at least two packs of pop rocks for $10.