Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Another Prayer Snafu


Once again, Samuel has given his own special twist when it is his turn for bedtime prayers. After a little lecture on reverence (he wanted to say the prayer laying on the floor with his feet on the wall) he folded his arms and, with a glint in his eye, began "Dear Heavenly Spongebob..." We stopped him and made him start again, but could not stop the laugh that was causing me to silently convulse and turn blue. Thomas was concerned and kept asking "you okay mom?" I'm pretty sure that in the rest of the prayer he was thankful for our blessings or something to that effect, but I really couldn't tell you for sure. I was too busy surreptitously wiping tears from my eyes and trying not to snort. Samuel is at that awesome age when he thinks any silly thing he says is hilarious and when he genuinely is funny (without meaning to be) we get cussed out for laughing. If we let him see that this attempt to be funny was actually humorous, he would spend the next few weeks praying to every Nickelodeon/Disney character he can come up with. I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally.

Next family home evening lesson will need to revolve around who we are allowed to pray to in this house. We'll do that as soon as I can keep a straight face.

5 comments:

La Yen said...

I LOVE that it is not just my kid! You make me feel better. Lately it is (evil glint) "Dear Heavenly Blah blah bloo bloo babababa gagaga...."

And today she got mad when I laughed after she told me, earnestly, "My vagina says thanks!" Oh my.

Kate said...

Another awesome story! Thanks so much for updating so regularly, it makes me feel like I'm not half way around the world. Your boys are such characters!

Amy said...

Those are the best kind of laughs....the ones where snorting is a must. When Chris was giving the kids "back to school blessings" Mclayne and I had a moment like that, needless to say Chris did not think it very funny.

Becky said...

hilarious. wish we didn't live so far away. . . see you in february though. :)

CKW said...

La Yen - Your daughter's vagina is very polite!
Kate - You guys have to come home soon. Sam has renamed his blue monkey from Uncle Matt to (ahem) Samuel the monkey.
Amy - Spongebob grant me patience...
Becky - Samuel has been asking about Jarom a lot for some reason. He must have made an impression last time.