Monday, November 17, 2008

The things they know

I don't mean to brag, but I think my kids might be smarter than yours! Don't feel bad though, because they are definitely smarter than I am. We have a new trend around here that doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon. After watching the movie Monster House several months ago (really creepy show, but the boys love it for some reason) which refers to a Uvula (the dangly thing in the back of your throat) Sam became fascinated with it. Thomas, of course, being the "Monkey Do" to Samuel's "Monkey See" also picked up on the fascination and at least several times a day Jay and I are asked to open our mouths wide so they can see our Uvula's (or as Thomas pronounces it "Wea"). Each time we are given an appreciative "Wow!" Then they open their mouths and show us theirs. It never gets old. They entertain each other with this in the store, at church, in the car and often it gets requested after prayers. I know for a fact that I didn't know the name of the dangly thing at the back of the throat until at least college. You?




In other completely non-related news, Happy 30th Birthday (yesterday) to my honey!







4 comments:

Jen said...

I love the mid-air pictures! Such a boy thing to do. I don't think I have ever seen pictures of my niece doing such things!

CKW said...

Jen - They do this every single night!

Bradshaw Adventures said...

I thought it was called my "hangy ball thing" no? Happy Birthday Jay!! If I had all the money in the world I'd buy you...a new motercycle! But I don't...Happy Birthday anyway!

Bertha Broadbottom said...

It is a hangy-ball-thing. My kids are fascinated with them too, especially after they found out that one of my brothers has two. (Sub-mucus cleft pallate. Split all the way back, so he has 2 uvula...uvulie???) I love that boys are so universally amused!