Saturday, October 25, 2008

Horrifiying

Just in case you haven't found anything to sufficiently horrify you yet this halloween season, I want to direct your attention toward this little article I came across.

Go ahead and call me when you can't sleep at night either knowing such creatures are in the world. Those of you out there who are saying "that's cool." I don't want to hear from you at all.
The only thing I can think of that compares to this is the mental image I have of flaming hand-sized hawaiian spiders (courtesy of my father-in-law. Go ask him for the story sometime. It haunts me.) Anyone guessed that I am an arachnophobic yet?
Hey Kate and Matt, have a good time in Australia next month! Ditch the bug spray and see if they will let you bring a gun.

5 comments:

La Yen said...

If I found that outside of my house I would move. Immediately. And never look back.

J.L Schofield, Independent Scentsy Consultant said...

That is DISGUSTING and very disturbing. I can't believe how huge the spider was. Yuck, yuck, yuck. I would freak out if I ever saw a spider that size in real life (that wasn't pinned down behind glass). Gross.

Kate said...

I actually just showed that picture to Matt the other day. And his response: "Well, the big ones aren't poisonous!" Like that matters!

I'm with you completely on this one. I'm a little nervous to run into spiders like that while in Oz. I'm just hoping they don't really hang out in the big metropolis that is Sydney!

Adventures of Matt and Rae said...

There is seriously something WRONG with this! I use to want to go to Australia now I want to bomb it...sorry Kate

CKW said...

Jay suggested that if we lived there, we would be sending our children outside to play armed with guns. Just the fact that bird eating spiders are anywhere in the country at all...
Kate, let us know if Matt has ever seen one.