Thursday, October 16, 2008

A change in the routine

I have to admit that I airbrushed the chocolate cake crumbs from
lunch off of Thomas' face before I posted this picture.
Too much information? Like you've never fed your kids chocolate cake for a meal.

Big news! Thomas no longer needs pennies to put himself to sleep, He does, however, need his two squishy pillows jammed up against each side of his face just so ("not like that mom...). He has also forgone the song 90% of the time, to my sorrow, but he does have to shout at the top of his lungs as you walk toward the door "I love you mom/dad" and you have to enthusiastically shout it back until you have shut the door and and said it back and forth as you walk away. Oh yeah, and he still needs his four blankets. In order.

Are we raising a obsessive compulsive here? Samuel only ever required a night light.

6 comments:

Bek said...

Someday you can turn that OCD into powers for good (like when he is balancing your checkbook!)....

Disneyland is looking like a go... (I just had to let the idea marinate...)....

:-)

I think that Grace looks like Thomas and Wren.

CKW said...

You just can't hide those dominant Montgomery genes can you? Although I always thought Wren was a mini (girl) dave.
We talk about Disneyland every day! It woouldn't be nearly as much fun without you guys. In fact, we have never yet gone without the Binghams. Not interested in starting now...

Adventures of Matt and Rae said...

Hey whatever gets him to sleep and stay happy for a min...I'm GAME!!

Amy said...

That is the sweetest thing ever! I too am raising OCD children, and I also hope to turn it into good. Say when they are cleaning their rooms constantly, or the bathroom, or the kitchen. I don't see a problem.

CKW said...

If only it ever worked that way. if I ever met a kid, any kid, that cleaned obsessively I would have more hope. For now, I will just settle for a consistent way to get him to sleep.

Jami said...

Whatever gets them to sleep right? :)