Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Janie's Day

For Janie's baby blessing on August 30th, we decided to make it a quiet affair at home, rather than doing it at church. However, anyone who knows me, knows that as soon as I find out I am expecting, I am planning the "blessing party" because I get a big kick out of entertaining. So I kind of went overboard for a party in honor of someone who can't even eat solid food yet. In this case, I got to do things a little differently since it did not involve a large crowd. Grandpa Wren did the honors of blessing our girlie and my parents attended as well as members of the bishopric. It was a beautiful blessing and the guest of honor looked beautiful (if a little disgruntled to be in such a fluffy dress) and the feast was plentiful. All in all, it was a celebration worthy of our princess.

I really need a better camera, don't I?

Amy, who runs the business 'Flowerz in her Hair' keeps JLo in bows and bling. She is awesome and she specially created the blessing headband. Isn't it pretty? Anyone with girls, check her out (link on my sidebar).

I love this bracelet but is it not likely to fit her chubby little wrist much longer. Had to document it...
New Jane and Vintage Jane bonding (She is Grandma K's namesake)

Two excellent Grandpas. My kids are exceptionally lucky.

Us five

The feast! It looks like a lot less here than it felt like I prepared. I do have to note that the lemon garnish on the lemonade was all Sam's idea. He saw it on a cartoon and thought it made a good finishing touch. It did, didn't it?

Come on, you totally wanted to see pictures of what we ate, didn't you?

(bowtie pasta because Janie girl is never without a bow! It's all about symbolism and atmosphere people!)

( A Jay special...)

The dessert that is likely to keep me in the will with both father and father in law :-)! We found some new fans for this particular dessert. Dad K even claimed that it trumps what has been his standby favorite (german chocolate cake) for as long as I can remember. If I really like you, I will give you the recipe. It's up to you figure that out though :) Even if you aren't a pecan fan. You will be converted. I promise.

Thank you to the family that attended and helped make the evening special.

8 comments:

Kate said...

That looks great. And very yummy. And Janie looked so pretty, I love the little bracelet. Amelia's kept falling off, it was way too big.

Will you promise me that you won't ever tell Amelia what you did for Janie's blessing day? Or at least, consult me first so we can get our stories straight. Poor Amelia had no fanfare or special food. Just church in a fancy dress. She'll learn soon enough what a good mum Janie has.

CKW said...

Are you kidding me kate? Didn't you guys go eat at a pub after or something. NONE of us can top that story. It's the most fun one to tell. But if you want I will event plan your next baby blessing. You just have to move back to utah.

Mak said...

Love, love, love the pic of her cute chubby hand and bracelet. I just want to munch on it (in a good, "i want to eat you up" kind of way).

You do know how to throw a party. I want the recipe (and you already told me you'd give it to me, remember?!?!)

Scott and Stacy said...

What a special day. I didn't know you did that. I wish we lived closer to family so we could attend these special events. Looks like you put out some great food. Instead of the pie, could I get the recipe for your chicken? Thanks is advance. Hope you are having a good day. Love you!

AMANDAM said...

I like that Janie and Grandpa Wren were making the same face in their photo.

Kate said...

Well, we did go to a pub (a pretty good one), so I guess that's cool. If you're all about breaking the sabbath after blessing your child. ;)

And you're definitely in to plan at least one of my kids blessings. Maybe not the next one, as we're here at least until 2013.

As for moving back to Utah...you need to help me to start convincing Matt. :P

Unknown said...

Janie is so so cute. I am amazingly impressed not only with you party planning skills but with your chef skills as well. You got SKILLS girlfriend!! Let me know when we can get together so I can finally meet the little doll and of course pass along this baby gift gathering dust on my piano. :oP

Amy said...

She looked so beautiful, and now I want to eat...again...today. When that bracelet doesn't fit anymore I will make it bigger:)