Sunday, September 13, 2009

Class of 2022

I'm going to say it! Five years ago, we looked at our baby boy and said "I can't believe he will be going to school in only a few years" and it seems like we said it only yesterday. Contrary to my predictions when he started preschool, I managed to not cry. I must be maturing. Or else I am sick to death of the constant Wren style wrangling that goes on between my monkey boys. Either way, it was still a hallmark day and the whole family accompanied Sam to school on the first day of the rest of his life.
*Interesting note: This child who has woken at the crack of dawn all summer decided a week before the start of school that sleeping in is good. Guess who we have to drag out of bed every morning? It might be a long twelve years...
True to the original Kinsel tradition, he was allowed to pick whatever he wanted for breakfast on the first day of school. He chose strawberry milk, donuts, bacon and ice cream. Three out of four weren't bad, but kind of a waste of the "whatever you want" rule. He'll learn.


In front of his classroom, showing Thomas how it's done at school!

The first of many desks!
*sniff* I'm so proud...



4 comments:

Mak said...

Aww- Ican't wait until it is our turn- if only for the free education!

Kudos for you for picking a first-day-of-school outfit that was seasonally appropriate! I saw so many kids in my 'hood going to first day with long pants and shirts- cute, but torture!

AMANDAM said...

Wow, Sam has pretty refined tastes to pick Haagan Daas as he breakfast. I agree about the seasonally appropriate clothes. Too many parents and kids are tempted to break out the new, warm school clothes even though it is still 90 degrees out.

CKW said...

I have to come clean. I had yet to do his actual school clothes shopping. The shirt was new, but he had no jeans to speak of. There is a good chance he will still be in shorts and t-shirts when the snow flies.

Anonymous said...

Ahh...Sam in kindergarten. I remember when you started K in Tennessee...full day. I was so happy to have 4 or 5 in school all day. 1 at home and expecting. Good grief I look back at that time and marvel at 5 10 and under!