Monday, June 1, 2009

Overalls

My boys have recently been obsessed with the children's TV show about two bunny siblings Max and Ruby (I sincerely can't figure out why they love it and I have some issues with it, but that is another post for another time...) They watch the episodes we DVR so much that they can pretty much quote them by now. Sam always opts to be Ruby who, although she is a girl, she is the oldest and gets to tell Max what to do. Thomas just wants Sam to notice him, and is willing to be whoever Sam tells him to be, so he is always Max. Sam has recently been concerned that we don't have a pair of overalls (Max's outfit) to put Thomas into to really get him into character (Thomas has to dress the part, but Sam doesnt, thank goodness...). I have given a lot of vague promises about looking for some next time we are at the store, but hoped he would let it go. This morning he took matters into his own hands (which I should have expected) and made a pair for Thomas, complete with stripes and his name. What do you think? :-)

5 comments:

AMANDAM said...

those are hilarious. It is cute that Sam is so creative. How are you doing? What's the status on the baby?

CKW said...

Baby comes tomorrow one way or another. The little stinker is still breech so if they can't turn her, I get a c section. Fun stuff.

Amy said...

Delaney loves Max and Ruby as do most of the day care kids so I think I have listened to almost every episode. I love the overalls!
Good luck tomorrow! I will be thinking about you ;)

Bradshaw Adventures said...

Sam is sooo wonderfully creative-what a smart smart boy! My boys love Max and Ruby-what is with that show-where is the mom-or is it Ruby? or were they abondoned and forced to raise eachother while grandma lives down the street and checks in on them from time to time?

Becky said...

Those are some awesome duds! My kids love Max & Ruby too. I'm curious to hear your issues with it, because I have some of my own. It bugs. Anyway, hopefully you've had baby by now! We miss you guys and can't wait to see you all in a month!