Thursday, May 7, 2009

Where have we been?

Shame on me! Should anything be more important than updating my scintillating blog?! What have we been up to that is so important? This one is for you Kate...

EASTER


Thomas is rarely without a hat. I should probably buy him some that actually fit.

All the cousins waiting for the Easter Egg Hunt. We missed you "missing" cousins!

Little Birdie counting her eggs

Lily among the lilies

Will finding new and improved uses for his silly putty.
TULIP FESTIVAL
FOOTBALL
Jay joined a local team recently and is having a blast being back on the field despite the multiple hurts he brings home after every game. They definitely worry me more than they worry him, though. I like going to the games since I have never gotten to watch him play before. I guess I didn't spend enough time in high school checking out cute #55 out there on the field. He started to play for Weber State but changed his mind about it before I got to see him play then either. The boys like going to watch the games because we bring a nerf football and they play "tackle" next to the stands and because I let Sam go to the concession stand on his own. They have a hard time picking Jay out on the field, but are impressed with his helmet and football gear in general.
Samuel usually meets Jay at the door every day after work with a "want to wrestle, dad?" Since football season started, he has been nursing jammed fingers and a tricky hamstring so the wrestling matches have been fewer and further between, but he can still bust it out on occasion.


T-Ball


"Monkey Do" likes to practice along with Sam.
Samuel started T-ball a few weeks ago and is having a lot of fun with it. We got him a Tee to practice with in the back yard and he likes to pretend he is coaching thomas. When Sam isn't looking, Thomas will steal Raffi and hit him off the Tee. I pretend I don't see. That raffi could use being taken down a peg or two. The games are the best part about t-ball. If you are having a bad day, find a five year old t-ball game and I promise you a good laugh. For such little ones they don't put kids in the outfield, but let them all hang out around where the pitchers mound would be to let them go after the grounders from the tee hits. Some of the other teams line the kids up and let them each take a turn getting the grounder, but Sam's coaches just put them all out there and just figure the fastest kid will get the ball. The problem is that they all want it and just because someone already has it doesn't mean they shouldn't try anyway. They are all business waiting for the ball to get hit, bent over with their hands on their knees like the coach taught them. The minute that ball leaves the tee, they all rush forward and dogpile on top of the ball and tussle for it while the coaches shout "don't fight, don't fight!" It's awesome. The video doesn't show them in their "ready stance" which is one of the best parts, but it is the best one I could get before my batteries ran out. I think every one of these kids has a career in football.

Coming soon:
Raffi's Birthday Party
Our Bathroom Mascot
The many personalities of My Thomas
Intrigued?

7 comments:

Mak said...

Love it! I love T's "uniform" for playing t-ball- superhero cape and a hat!

I heard the description of the "dogpile" but seeing it in person is awesome.

Tell us when J plays in Utah County- we'll come cheer him on (but Lily will only if his team is the cougers, sorry).

Kate said...

Well, since I got a shout out, I have to comment. What a great blog! I love all the pictures and your description of the T-ball game made me laugh, and the video was just the icing on the cake.

Thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

I saw a game yesterday and it was a hoot. Who ever ends up with the ball triumphantly holds it aloft and shouts..."I got it!" Coaches yelling, "Throw it to 1st base". Child looks around wondering where 1st base is. However, most of them can throw it that far. (smaller diamond). Oh my, I could use that each week.
HeberJane

Deon said...

That is awesome about Jay-- football is in the Wren blood!!!! I guess your boys are following in their talented dad's footsteps--- looks like you are going to be a big sports fan for years to come . . .

Bek said...

I love it!!! Cubby asks Derek EVERY DAY to wrestle and the answer is usually "later". That is why we bought a tramp--he could wrestle out there.....

I miss those kids and the Wren Easter Egg hunt.... everyone looks so great.

P.S. We found some hats for Raffi--do you still need some....?

CKW said...

Are you kidding. Raffi can always use a new hat.

Jen said...

Living Room Wrestling is a pretty big thing at our house. I love watching Dan toss the boys around. They all have such a good time!