Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Post 100 - Back to killing my own spiders


Mr. and Mrs. Wren - August 16, 2001


I know that in the blogger world, a big deal is often made of the 100th post. Back around 50, I wondered what imaginative thing I would do with mine. As it happens, fate and the fact that I have finally gathered sufficient strength has decreed that post 100 will be to announce a devastating change in our family. This is not the time or the forum for details, but we will leave it that J has decided to move on to what he feels is greener grass.

Sad is too tame a word for what we feel around here. Although we have been buoyed up by many loving family members and friends, we all really miss our Daddy/Companion and are hurting from his decision to go. We all wish his choice had been different, but we are now left with the reality of picking up the broken pieces of this home and making it into something that works and is a loving and peaceful place for my three little ones to grow.

To this end, this will be the final post for The Wren Birds. As chronicles go, I would say this is a definite end of a chapter. I've never been accused of being unsentimental and I feel like the posts in this blog belong to the complete family that we were. It has been a month since he left and although "getting my feet under me" varies from day to day, I feel like I need to do something to signal a new beginning. Even if it is just a new blog, with a new title and a new feel.

This new phase of our lives will be chronicled (is that a word? If not, it should be) at:




(I know! Irony...I couldn't resist.)



We welcome any and all prayers and good vibes sent our way as the weeks and months ahead will be very difficult as we adjust and find a new normal.

13 comments:

Bradshaw Adventures said...

I love you I love you I love you and I am so heartsick for your everyday struggles right now-you, Sam, Thomas and beautiful Janie do not deserve the way you have been treated and affected by ones poor decisions. You are amazingly strong as you continue to get up every morning and but a smile on your face for your children, they will have nothing but respect and love for you as they grow and understand that you did all that you could to make them feel happy and loved through such hard times. Our love and prayers are with you daily and for Jay, I believe that his is lost on a dark lonely path and I pray that he finds his way home.

Kate said...

You are so eloquent. I've grown so much in my admiration for you over these last few months.

I think your new blog title is perfect.

wendysue said...

I came from your sis' blog quite some time ago. . .I'm so sorry to hear this news. From your wonderful words in this post it is obvious what a strong woman you are. You, and your children WILL thrive. It may take time, but it will happen.

My parents divorced when I was 11. I know that it is only through the strength of my amazing mother that we are all hugely happy, "well-adjusted" loving people today. . .as well as all being sealed in the temple. I know it was an awful road for my mother, and unbelievably diffult, but well worth it. You CAN do it!!

Jen said...

Oh Sweet Cyndi... My heart is hurting for you and your dear children. I have always known you were an amazing woman. Strong, in a peaceful and serene way. I love your new blog. Although, I couldn't post a comment there (don't know why), I want you to know that I admire your attitude and determination to control your side of this raw deal. You definitely should receive a medal! My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Love- Jen

La Yen said...

You are an amazing woman. Your kids will grow to know that with every fiber of their beings. My prayers are with you!

Carina said...

I am so sorry, there is nothing like picking up the pieces after someone else's agency has broken you so thoroughly. I will pray for comfort and peace.

Mak said...

Beautifully written. I'm all for the symbolic move to a new chapter.

I'm with Britny-our prayers and thoughts are with you, the kiddos and Jay.

I love the new blog title and totally agree- yours is the greenest grass- even if it doesn't feel like it!

We love your stinkin' guts!

undefined said...

We've never met; I was introduced to your sister through Azucar, and LaYen introduced me to your blog.

I just want you to know that I will be thinking of you often and praying for you and your family. I have no doubt that you can and will get through this with grace and with your sense of self intact. The way you posted about such a monumental change -- and loss -- is a testament of that fact.

Becky said...

My heart aches for all of you. I am amazed by your strength and grace. You are all in my prayers.

xoxoxo

AMANDAM said...

Cyndi,
Even though I knew this was coming, it still made me cry. I can't imagine how hard it was for you to have write this. Like so many others, I love you, pray for you, hope for you. I am so sorry that you and your kids have to face this. I wish that I could fix this for you. It is a beautifully written post and I am glad that you are going to try to start fresh with a new blog, etc. I don't know what else to say.

Anonymous said...

Sensitive, touching, powerful, loving, strong and well written. I am so proud of how you are handling this.

Again, my favorite new quote,
"Fear not tomorrow, God is already there."
I love you all,
MOM

Amy said...

I love you and your little family so much! My heart aches for you so much. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers and are here for you day and night!

Unknown said...

You're amazing, Cyndi. If anyone can pull through something like this and make a beautiful world for your beautiful family it is you. I hope your own pastures thrive and every day your world becomes brighter. Please keep in touch. I'll be watching your new blog.
Love you.
ID